When could the services of a psychologist be suitable for you?
- Do you need a change?
- Do you feel fed up with mundane routine?
- Do you feel like you are running in a circle and unable to find a way out?
- You want to understand yourself better but you fail in doing so?
- Do you want to change your behaviour, attitude but „something“ is holding you back?
- Do you feel that you are not able to bear your current situation?
- Do you feel that advice from partner, friends and life style magazines are not enough any more?
- Do you feel like you can not take it anymore?
What type of things you can address with me?
- unpleasant conditions – fear, sadness, anxiety
- life trauma and crisis – divorce, infidelity, death of someone close, lost of the job, change of the health condition
- difficulties with own sexuality – acceptance of sexual orientation, coming out
- feeling of stagnancy and the need to look at the life situation from a different perspective
- mistrust in oneself and own good judgement
- low self esteem, doubts about self worth
- difficulties in contact with surroundings, family, partner, colleagues
- feeling of being misunderstood in family, partnership, work
Therapy or psychological counselling?
In our first session we will agree together, what would be the desired approach considering your problems and difficulties. The differences between the two are following:
Psychoherapy – what to expect?
Individual psychotherapy offers the possibility to understand oneself better. It is based on an assumption that if the client understands himself, he is capable to find easy, meaningful and creative solution which suits him.
Therapist does not judge client in this process, does not critisize, but offers needed support and leads towards deeper understanding oneself. Acts like a guide who supports client in getting to know his own personality.
Duration of the therapy is usually few months to several years. The reason for this is the fact, that the experience, personal constelation etc. are emerging and uncovering gradually and the processing requires time which is difficult to plan ahead.
For a successful process of therapy regular sessions are inevitable. The interval is usually once a week or bi-weekly.
Psychological counselling – what to expect?
Psychological counselling offers the possibility to analyse the client´s situation and get a point of view and opinion of a professional. It offers the possibility to consult the validity of client´s own opinion and to find the best suitable solution.
Psychologist acts more like an advisor and expert who brings recommendations and possibilities which might be beneficial for the client.
Psychological counselling is relatively time saving process and sometimes one session is sufficient to make the situation lucid, under control and answerable.